Online Course Evaluation
This article shows the workflow of how to set up online course evaluation using the Canvas Blueprint feature.
Go to Template for Online course in Canvas. (You must be logged in to Canvas)
Check with Dean's Office/Assistant to the Dean about the duration and deadline of Online Course Evaluation for Assignment availability.
Before you begin the process, you need the link to updated Survey Monkey for Online Course Evaluation.
Consider these comments for the Next Cycle (written May 2019)
- The Blueprint course feature worked perfectly to set up the Course Evaluation assignment and send announcements to classes.
- We experienced a low response rate at first. We had to make additional announcements, and we extended the due date for responses.
- We wished there was a way to offer a raffle prize to encourage a higher response rate.
- We suggested to Delight that this method could be used with classroom courses also.
Course evaluations are distributed via a Canvas assignment. This assignment needs to be updated every term.
Things you need to check:
- Assignment needs to be "Locked"
- Link needs to be updated
A series of announcements improves the response rate.
Online Course Evaluation process produced about a 50% response rate. We will make changes to this process to refine and improve the results.