This article shows how you indicate a student's final grade for in incomplete in your course. This process replaces the old paper form, and is now entirely online.
Summary of Incomplete Grade Application and Completion Process
- The student makes a request for an incomplete grade to her/his instructor.
- The instrutor and student agree on the work to be complete and the due date.
- The instructor applies for an incomplete grade using the Incomplete Online Form.
(See instructions below.)
- The Academic Dean approves the application.
(Student and instructor receive automatic notifications via email.)
- The Registrar's office enters the Incomplete grade into Empower.
- Academic Tech makes the Canvas course available to the student. Student submits required coursework.
Covered In this Article
- Once the student submits the required assignments, the instructor updates the status of the incomplete by logging in to the data portal and checking-off completion.
- Notify the Registrar -- Send an email message to the IAIA Registrar, with details of the student's final grade.
Quick Link for Reference
7. Update the Status of the Incomplete
Use the link and steps below to update the student's status after coursework is completed (or the finish date passes).
Log in to the Data Portal with your IAIA Email Address and faculty ID number (see numbered steps below)
8. Notify the Registrar
Send an email message to the IAIA Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) with details of the student's final grade.
Include the following details:
- Course ID (e.g. 20FA.ENGL.101.D2)
- Student Name
- Final Grade
This article explained how you finish the incomplete grading process.