Zoom's Breakout Rooms feature lets you temporarily divide your class into small groups. You can also...
- Go into and out of small groups while breakout rooms are being used
- Start and stop small groups more than once during a class session
- Manually (usually preferred) or automatically assign individuals to breakout rooms
Tip - The Breakout Rooms feature is enabled for all IAIA Zoom Pro accounts.
- Only the meeting host can start a breakout room session.
- If this feature isn't available, you may be using a non-IAIA Zoom account, or you may be a staff member who has a Zoom Basic account.
Starting a Breakout Session
You can start breakout sessions at any time during your Zoom meeting.
Visiting Breakout Rooms (teacher/host only)
Tip - As the meeting host, you can enter and exit any Breakout Room freely. Or you can remain outside.
Ending a Breakout Session (host only)
Tip - If you enable the option, students can exit their breakout room into the main Zoom class session at any time. (See Step 4 in Starting a Session above.)
You can message students to leave their breakout rooms at any time. Or you can give a command that closes them all in 60-seconds.