This article shows how to copy the course contents from semester, Canvas course one to another.
- Before you copy course contents, make sure to see if you would like to cross-list the course sections. - What is Cross-Listing? (Link to another article)
- Make sure you have an empty course shell in Canvas before you import material from another course.
- To Import: From the new (empty) course, choose Settings > Import Course Content
Copying a Course to an Empty Course Shell
Always start an import from the course you want to import material into.
Shifting Due Dates Automatically
Canvas can shift the due dates when it imports assignments and other course events.
Look up the latest Academic Calendars on the IAIA website.
Dates Adjustment Cheatsheet
Copy and paste the dates into the blank as follows.
|Spring 2021 (Future)||Spring 2020 (Past)||Fall 2020 (Past)|
|Begins: Jan 19, 2021
||Jan 21, 2020||Aug 17, 2020|
|Ends: May 14, 2021
||May 15, 2020
||Dec 11, 2020
Selecting Carefully What to Import
Tips in Summary:
- Do Not Select "Course Settings" - This is to ensure that Academic Tech's initial navigation setting can be in effect.
- Do Not Select Module "Start Here" - New "Start Here" module is already imported to your course
- Carefully look though each content materials to select what you want to import.
- You can import course materials multiple times from the same course; if you forgot to import something, you can always import items once again by repeating the same steps.
Finishing the Import
Now you can review and edit the imported course content.