The Unicheck plagiarism checker tool is enabled in Canvas until the end of October, 2020 as trial. Please contact Nami Okuzono firstname.lastname@example.org to comment on your experience using Unicheck.
We hope you find the Unicheck plagiarism checker useful. Here are some details you should know:
- Unicheck is a supplemental tool. It does not replace your own review and feedback to students.
- Unicheck does not compare works against paid research papers or articles.
- Unicheck checks sources against the open accessed Internet sources.
Example of a Unicheck report page.
Enabling Plagiarism Checker (Unicheck) in Assignment Setting
Assignment-level Activation -- Unicheck only works for assignments you select. You must activate it for individual assignments as desired. For example, you might want to activate Unicheck only for multi-page assignments, rather than short papers.
Enabling Plagiarism Checker Unicheck is easy!
Here is a quick guide to enable for your selected assignments:
- Go to your course
- Open an assignment of your choice. (You can only turn on Plagiarism Checker per an assignment)
- Edit the assignment of your choice. Scroll down to find "Plagiarism Review" section.
- Under the dropdown, select "Unicheck"
- Once "Unicheck" is selected, under the "Show students report" dropdown, select "Never" (Optional, but recommended)
Viewing the Report in SpeedGrader
Viewing the Plagiarism Checker Report:
- Navigate to SpeedGrader for the assignment of your choice.
- Click on the colored Rate icon on left. - This is very subtle!
- Once you click, the report from Unicheck will be displayed.
Enabling Plagiarism Checker For Past Assignments
Can I turn on Plagiarism Checker for the past assignments? - Yes, you can!
- Go through the same exact process "Enabling Plagiarism Checker" section above.
- Once Unicheck is enabled, go to SpeedGrader for the assignment you selected.
Once you are in Speedgrader...
- On the right, you should see "Resubmit to Unicheck" - click this, and wait for a bit.
- Refresh Browser, then the tiny colored rate icon should show up. Click the rate icon.